Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) Vacancy
Job title: Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Organisation: Cherhill Parish Council
Salary: Salary band SCP9
Hours: 25 hours per month average
Email address: email@example.com
Cherhill Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk to the Council and Responsible Financial Officer. This is a part time role, working flexible hours, mainly from home.
Previous experience as a Parish Clerk would be an advantage and ideally, applicants should hold the Certificate in Local Government Administration (CILCA), however, training can be obtained to achieve this qualification.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in managerial and administrative roles, with a high level of literacy and IT skills. A good knowledge of local government law and financial procedures, preferably within a local council or public sector body will be an advantage.
The post will be for approximately 25 hours a month, plus occasional extra hours as required. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- as Proper Office, to advise the Council on, and assist in the formation of, overall policies and procedures to be followed to ensure compliance with GDPR and other regulations.
- to assist the Council to achieve its aims by providing the information necessary for making effective decisions and by facilitating the constructive implementation of those decisions.
- as Responsible Financial Officer, to be responsible for all financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances.
- To act as the focal point for Council business through receiving and dealing with all Parish correspondence, maintenance of Parish Council files, preparation of paperwork for meetings, attendance at Parish Council meetings, organisation and co-ordination of maintenance tasks in the Parish and responding to the Planning Authority on planning applications with councillors’ comments as directed by the Council.
- To act as Responsible Finance Officer, by support of the preparation of the annual budget and the submission of the precept to the Local Authority, monitoring and monthly reporting of expenditure, management of bank account, preparation of VAT returns, management of payroll and the preparation of financial data for publication to comply with the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities
For further information or to send a CV , please contact Councillor Nick White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 17 June 2022.