Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO)
PART – TIME VACANCY
CLERK/RFO – 10 HOURS PER WEEK
TO ATWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
We are looking for a part – time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) to support the smooth running of our Parish Council. The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing meeting agendas and supporting papers;
- Attending meetings and providing regulatory advice if needed;
- Taking minutes and completing administrative actions arising;
- Managing the Council’s finances;
- Upkeep of the Council’s notice board and web pages atworth.org;
- Dealing with Parish Council correspondence as appropriate;
We do not mind if you do not live in the Parish, but we do hope you will be interested in our village life.
A full job description is available from David Winnie (see below); if you think your administrative skills are strong but you are not sure about the financial side (or vice versa) please contact us – details below.
- 10 hours per week and flexible in how they are worked subject to fixed deadlines and meeting dates.
- Access to full training, including support of CiLCA qualification if desired.
- Apart from attending meetings, you will work from home. The Council normally meets on the third Wednesday of every month apart from August but may be more frequently when required.
- Salary will be based on skills and experience in line with current NJC Local Government Services pay scales SCP 7 – 12.
- Closing Date for Replies: Wednesday 15th June 2022
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter addressed to
David Winnie, Chair, Atworth Parish Council
19 Nursery Close, Atworth, Wilts, SN12 8HX