Vacancy for a Clerk/RFO
Keevil Parish Council has a vacancy for Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
This part-time role is vital to the efficient working of our Council. You will be responsible for:
- managing the Council’s finances;
- preparing meeting agendas and supporting papers;
- attending and providing regulatory advice at meetings;
- taking minutes and completing administrative actions arising;
- upkeep of the Council’s notice board and web pages.
Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills are essential, as are the personal qualities of integrity, discretion, and impartiality. You will be a good communicator, well organised and self-motivated, and confident with basic accounting, record-keeping, scheduling and correspondence skills.
You should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in administrative roles with financial responsibilities. A working knowledge of Parish Council procedures and/or public sector administration, whilst desirable, is not essential as training will be made available, and your development will be supported.
Equally, we don’t mind if you don’t live in the Parish, but we do hope you will be demonstrably interested in the workings of our village community, and willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Hours are currently 5 hours per week (although this is under review and may be more) and flexible in how they are worked, subject to fixed deadlines and meeting dates.
- Apart from attending meetings, you will work from home. The Council normally meets bi-monthly in the evenings, although this may be more frequently when necessary.
- Starting salary is based on skills and experience, in line with current NJC Local Government Services pay scales SCP 7 -12.
A full job description is available on the Council’s website keevilpc.com/notices/ or from the Chair of the Council, and you can find out more about our community on the village website keevilvillage.com
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter that addresses the above aspects to:
Geoff West, Chair, Keevil Parish Council
01380 870425 email@example.com
Keevil Parish Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community