Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Grimstead Parish Council is responsible for the villages of East and West Grimstead near Salisbury. The villages consist of c.300 households and we have seven councillors.
The Grimstead Parish Council is seeking an organised, forward thinking, and adaptable individual to work as Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). The Clerk will be responsible for all aspects of finance and administration of the Parish Council and will be required to provide statutory advice and implement decisions across the complete range of Council’s activities including but not exclusive to:
- Taking and creating the monthly minutes
- Updating the Action log and chasing for updates
- Liaising with the various Wiltshire Council departments to progress activities i.e. submit planning responses, raise highway issues etc
- Updating and loading the minutes and agenda to the website
- Responsible for maintaining a small number of council assets
- Deal with queries received via email or phone
- Forward relevant correspondence to the councillors
- Good communication, literacy, numeracy and IT skills are essential
- Candidates do not have to live in the Parish
The position is part-time and home-based. The role requires approximately 10 hours per week (including an evening meeting about 12 times a year).
Salary will be subject to discussion and will depend upon relevant experience and qualifications and includes an allowance for Broadband. Knowledge of council affairs is desirable but is not essential as full training will be offered.
If you would like to find out more please contact the Chair 07788178016 or to apply please email the clerk at email@example.com with your contact details, why you would like to apply and outline of relevant experience.
Closing date for applications is 12th November 2021
Expected interview dates from 15th November 2021