We offer whole council training
Does your council have new members? Have existing members missed out on training in the past? Would you welcome not having to travel to a training event?
WALC can provide core skills councillor training for your council, covering Roles and Responsibilities, Law and Procedures.
You provide the venue and gather the councillors – (from neighbouring councils as well if you wish) and we will turn up and provide a two hour core skills evening training session.
No travel for you, an opportunity to liaise with neighbouring councils, only one invoice to pay (you arrange the split between any additional delegates from other councils).
Contact Katie Fielding on 01380 732808 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss costs and dates.
If your council has any other training needs, please let us know so that we can consider the demand for certain subject areas.
Some of the courses we run include
- Core skills for councillors – evening – bookable event
- Core skills for councillors – evening – whole councils – contact the office to arrange
- Councillors day
- New clerks’ morning
- New clerks’ – Clerk’s Year
- CiLCA – If you are interested in a CiLCA support course, please contact email@example.com
- Information Governance
- Accounts and audit
- Consultation basics for local councils
- Community Organising
- Employment training
- Chairmanship training
- Planning negotiating training
- Insurance training
- Introduction to Social Media
- Town Planning from the Town & Parish Council Perspective