Community First, in partnership with Wiltshire Association of Local Councils and Zurich Municipal Insurance Company, offers a group insurance scheme to Parish Councils in the South West and West Midlands at a special discounted rate. Parish Councils must be members of their County Association to benefit from the scheme.
The summary of insurance is as follows:
Standard cover – available at a fixed premium
- All risks cover for office contents (Clerks home only) – sum insured £2500
- All risks cover for computer reinstatement of lost data – sum insured £500
- Employer’s liability (Clerk only) – sum insured £10 million
- Public liability (excluding playgrounds) – sum insured £6 million
- Personal accident (members and clerk only) – capital benefit £20,000, weekly benefit £25
- Employee Dishonesty– sum insured £25,000
- Hirers’ Liability – sum insured up to £2million
Optional extras to standard cover
- Additional employer’s liability (for employees other than the parish clerk) – sum insured £10 million
- Playground liability – sum insured £6 million
- Libel and slander – sum insured £250,000
- Money cover – please see summary of cover for details
- Property: street furniture – ‘all risks’ cover or ‘impact only’ cover both available
- Material damage – building
Public Liability can be increased up to £10million for an additional premium.
If you have any queries regarding the scheme, please follow this link to the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF file)
For further details please contact Jess Emery on 01380 732809 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also insurance available for Village Halls and Playing Field Associations. Information can be found on the Community First Website.